Faster Payments: Fundamental Tech for Payments Innovation
Payments innovation comes in waves. And the wave that’s breaking on the U.S. – having swept over 50 countries around the world – is faster payments. Also referred to as Real-time Retail Payments (RTRP) these systems are fundamentally different from what’s come before:
- They are push payment systems
- They are new, systemically important domestic systems
- Risk and economic models are dramatically different than what’s come before
- They run 24/7 365 days a year. Go ahead, push money to and between accounts during your Sunday midnight snack
- Novel messaging and data formats open up new use cases and deep integration opportunities
Most important, these are “clean sheet of paper” payment systems built for the Digital Age.
Glenbrook has been working with these systems for over a decade. Our global experience gives us unique insight into how these systems are used and their real and potential impact on multiple stakeholders.
Why This Course is For You
If you are responsible for payment products and services in any way and you’re looking to differentiate your services, join Glenbrook’s Russ Jones and Yvette Bohanan on this deep dive examination of how faster payments is fundamentally altering payments industry dynamics.
Here are other reasons for you to join the workshop:
- Smart, expert workshop leaders to guide the group through the materials, make it interactive, and love QQ&A
- A crisp look at what these systems do, don’t do, and how overlay offerings in the UK, India, Australia, and Mexico extend their utility
- A deep dive into how The Clearing House’s Real Time Payment Network Request for Payment message operates and how the RTP Network settles (it’s a very new approach)
- Workshop attendees from across the industry bring unique questions and perspectives
- The workshop description has many more reasons. Check it out.
Take a quick listen to learn more about the workshop from one of its leaders, Russ Jones. George and Russ take a quick, fun tour through why this course is different.
Go here for the workshop detail, schedule, and registration.